Thursday

Bar Advisor Quick Start Guide


Over the last year or so, I have compiled as much bar exam advice and as many bar exam tips as I could think of.  For those of you new to this blog, here is a summary of what I believe are the most important and helpful posts.  I will, of course, continue to post useful information, but the following posts are what I believe are the foundation for a successful run at passing the bar exam. 

[Note: if you haven't already selected a bar exam study course, check out this post.]

In my opinion, the bar examination is a test that is as much about your state of mind as it is about how much and how well you have studied black letter law. It is my belief that you need to understand yourself and figure out how to remain calm during the preparation and test-taking process. You need to understand the process of diligent preparation for the act of taking the test before you can study appropriately to learn the information needed to pass the bar examination. (You can even have some fun and study for the bar exam while playing board games.)

Recommended Reading:

I recommend that you read my posts about general mental preparation before you read the posts about studying for particular segments of the bar exam.


First, read my posts on (1) diligence, (2) anticipation of conditions, and (3) stress reduction. I suggest that you digest the contents of these posts for a week or so before reading anything else.


Second, once you have begun to implement the ideas and suggestions contained in these three posts on mental preparedness, read the posts about studying for the discrete segments of the bar examination: (1) MBE study and test tips, (2) essay writing tips, and (3) performance test tips. (Also, if you are taking the Oregon bar exam or the California bar exam, you might want to check out my free Oregon bar exam outlines or my free California bar exam outlines.)

Finally, a few weeks before the start date of the bar exam (and before you make your hotel reservations), I suggest you read my post about how to make the actual test-taking experience a successful one.

Thank you for reading and good luck!

[Photos by cornflakegirl, ricardo.martins and DAEllis.]

6 comments:

Pete said...

I started a Blog (passingthebarexam.blogspot.com) before I knew about this excellent Blog. I have shared some of your wit and wisdom on my Blog and thank you for your excellent Blog.

Admin said...

Thanks for the kind words, Pete.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I have just discovered this Blog and I wanted to thank you for the hard work to put everything together! Your tips are very valuable and help me in my BAR preparation.

Admin said...

Thanks, Anonymous. Good luck on the bar exam. Let me know in a comment or by email (click on the Contact link at the top of the blog) if you have any questions not answered by the blog.

Dustin said...

Hey this is definitely one of the best blogs I've read on helping students pass the bar. I started something similar, and I'm going to put a link to your blog on my blog: www.ipassedmybarexam.com

Good stuff and keep it up!

Admin said...

I appreciate your kind words and the link, Dustin.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009-Present Eclectic Esquire Media, LLC. Powered by Blogger
Disclaimer/Terms of Service
Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan